Friday, March 1, 2013

Spanish is coming

Hola Familia!! Second p-day is finally here. This week I finally have got into the groove of things. Its nice to be on a normal schedule. I'm also used to the hours of studying everyday haha. Everything is going great still. I had some great experiences this week, and it sounds like everything is going great at home too. So my teaching is going better and that includes the spanish. Its coming along, nothing amazing but I am consistently learning. My teachers are awesome and really want to help us. Oh that story about Zach is soooooooo cool. I told all the Elders in my room and they thought it was way cool too. Tell him he is a stud and he totally saved the temple. Can't wait till that is done. I also can't wait to go to the temple today it will be such a good experience. So the new missionaries came in and we were all super excited to not be the n00bs anymore. Then to find out that all the new Elders and sisters in our district are fluent in spanish basically. They're in the advanced class. haha that's alright we still know all the secrets of the MTC and they don't. And and that was the first time in our branch history that more sisters had come in than elders. 4 elders and 5 sisters. its crazy. There are so many sisters here. I'd say its getting very close to half and half. amazing!!!! yeah so nothing really exciting happened this week, elder Ballard came and spoke....hahaha it was awesome!!!!!! Our zone had heard rumors that something big was gonna happen at the devotional so we were at the door an hour and a half before they were going to open them. We lucked out and all of us got onto the first 5 rows. So cool. He looked at me like ten times while he was speaking. He told us that we are more prepared than we think we are. He also gave us some direct promises that were so cool. I don't remember everything but I have a ton of notes that i'll include next week. Everything is going great!!! Oh and thanks for the package. that was super fast. you don't need to send me anything as of now. I think im set. Oh yeah so my companion has to do to the doctors lots of the time because he is still recovering from a previous surgery. So I get to sit in the waiting room a lot now hahah. Its actually pretty fun talking to all the other elders and sisters. I met one of the the Christensen's good friends. She is going to a french speaking mission If I remember right. She said that she lives like two houses away from them. small world. I also finished the bottle challenge. Ask austin and and caitlin if they know what that is. Brynne - thats awesome your working on your front handspring and front tuck. How is the cell phone? Kendy says that your a terrible texter and don't text back hardly anything at all. thats alright texting is the most important thing in the world haha Kendy and Austin - so how bad did BYU get killed by Gonzaga? I bet it was a slaughter. Oh and kendy you don't need to tell me about the weather I am literally 5 minutes away from where you live. Oh and I'd say give Pugs the job he needs it. Thats so funny that austin and Pugs text now. He also needs that he wrote me a letter and it sounds like he is could use a friend now that I am gone. hahah jkbs. Also great story about the jkbs. teach mom how to use that before she makes another terrible mistake. Caitlin - thanks for all the dear elders haha. Keep talking me through it haha. Its hard but I'm having a blast. Sitting in a classroom literally all day is not super fun...unless your learning about the gospel then its bearable . oh and I Need you email! Mom - the room situation is great. There is me and Elder Lenz then two other elders. Elder Gibby and Elder Mas (Moore). We all get along great and have a blast together. Hopefully we don't get another companionship in there or else it will be super packed. Typical day is wake up, eat, go to gym where I run or do core with elder Moore. then go to class. Study, Study, Study, and more study. Then Lunch, and back to studying. Dinner is at 430, then we sutdy some more,plan, Then class again which is usually teaching a lesson to one of our progressing investigators. Then at 930 is back to the residence and to bed by 1030. Oh that reminds me. find out when matt works. I want to see him. I walk by his building everyday!!!! Tell him to come out the south doors at night and we will for sure see each other. Dad - I got you in the letter this week haha. Yeah the language is coming great. We've taught 5 discussions now in Spanish and I can say most of the things that I want to. We can at least get our message across. Tell vic that I absolutely love his notebook he gave me. I use is all day everyday. and yes the MTC is exactly like construction work. You work non stop. You plan out exactly what you'll study every day and for every second of the day. I love all of your so much and thanks so much for all the letters its so fun to get them. and thanks again for the package I'm not starving anymore. hahah tell me some more about whats going on at home Love you!!!!!! Garrett Oh yeah and the pictures Most of them are just pictures of my zone and district the temple. There are a few fun ones haha send the group ones to the emails I included Thanks!!!!! .

No comments:

Post a Comment