Saturday, February 23, 2013
First email from the MTC
So I haven't been able to write until today because we finally got a mini P-day. Oh by the way my normal pday is on Fridays. I thought that i might not have been able to even write this because we weren't given any time and we had so much to do like laundry and go to the story and gym time etc. But im here!!! The MTC is amazing I absolutely love it here. there is a spirit here that is like nothing I've felt before. Probably cause I've never been a missionary before. My companion is Elder Lenz. He is from Idaho and has a good testimony. The other elders living in our room are awesome too. Elder Moore and Elder Gibby. They both have strong testimonies also and work very hard. Elder Moore is the district president and him and I get along very well together. Im still getting used to a companion. I never realized how independent I was until now. My district is the best!!! We have so much fun and also work very hard too. We set some great goals last night that are going to make it so we have the best experience possible at them MTC and have no regrets when we get out into the field. So I prayed in Spanish on the second day being here, that was crazy and last night we gave our first discussion in Spanish and that went very well too. The spirit was defiantly there. I need to not stress so much about the language though because that takes away fro mthe spirit and I know that if I trust in Christ the words will come. That happened to Hermana Hale last night and she said it was an amazing experience. Thats one of our district goals. My zone is great too. everyone is very excited to be here and we all have a lot of fun and are all very good friends already.
I've seen so many people I know here it is so cool. right after I left you guys and was walking up the sidewalk I saw Alex Sisk and Jake Miles. They were literally the only two people I wanted to see here and I did. It made me so happy and made leaving you all not so bad. They say that the first week is prety hard but once you get to Sunday it starts to fly by. I think that is great cause it really isn't that hard. Its all day everyday but I enjoy that. I am loving learning everything especially Spanish. I truly have been blessed with el don de linguas. I remember almost everything that has been taught to me, its so weird and so amazing!!! I can understand almost everything my teacher says. She is talking slower and using words I know but I still am doing better than I thought I would be.
So basically everyone has already got packages!!! come on family!! haha jkbs. I do wish I had some snacks though because dinner is at 4:30 and I don't really eat till the next morning. So some snacks would be great if that's possible.
I hope everyone is doing great and not missing me too much hahaha. I can only write on pdays including letters which is normal i think.
Brynne: have you torn the house down yet with backhand springs? haha Make sure you are picking up your messes and taking your plate now that im not there to tell you to do it haha
Kendy and Austin: hope chemistry hasn't killed both of you yet and also football...still both of you
Caitlin: thanks for your dear elder. I love my district, we are all very close already. There are 10 of us total. 4 elders going to Oaxaca and 2 elders to Tucsan Arizona. also 4 sisters going to Arizona too. We all have so much fun but we also work very hard.
Mom: everything else above was actually for you haha I love you!
Dad: hows vic doing without me at work? He is probably pretty bored haha. Hope everything is going great
Love you all so much and I miss you just I little.
Garrett
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment